¨Sports massage is a vital part of every athlete’s career. It not only determines the athlete’s effectiveness now but can also determine the duration he will last in that career.¨
The performance of top athletes depends on many factors. A successful career in any high-intensity career needs a person who is physically, physiologically and psychologically prepared for success. A good way to set up physical preparedness is through massage. This is not only important before a sporting activity but it is also vital during and after the sports event.
Benefits of sports massage
- Helps in the treatment of injuries
- Reduces muscle spasms due to intensive overuse
- Helps in the prevention of delayed onset of muscle soreness or DOMS (Delayed onset muscle soreness). This is a muscle condition that can occur sometimes after the sporting event. It is a physically limiting problem that can prevent an athlete’s participation in subsequent events.
- Improves blood circulation in the muscles which in turn helps to speed up muscle micro-injuries and prevention of chronic muscle pulls.
- Massage helps the body to clear away toxins faster. Sports increases metabolic wastes which if not washed away fast can lead to chronic fatigue and other problems
- It improves flexibility and reduces the risk of injuries
- Massage triggers a ‘feel good’ atmosphere that reduces stress through a reduction in the stress hormone – cortisol. These improve overall wellbeing and make the sportsperson a better team-player where this is important.
- Helps the body to have a balanced inflammation process which is important for good immunity.
- Massage helps the mitochondria to grow. This leads to more energy, reduces inflammation and helps to build muscle.
- Physical fitness, optimum muscle conditioning, and psychological preparedness offer an ideal condition for effective competitiveness.
Sports massage is a vital part of every athlete’s career. It not only determines the athlete’s effectiveness now but can also determine the duration he will last in that career.
Do you want the best sports massage? BOOK NOW