Physiotherapy is associated with medical professionals who are trained in rehabilitative techniques aimed at restoring functions after injury or other problems that affect muscles, bones and other connective tissues. Physiotherapists are also useful in dealing with some congenital posture and mobility issues. The techniques applied by physiotherapists closely resemble massage techniques offered as an alternative medicine procedure for personal healthcare.
While physiotherapy focuses on a specific condition and aims at restoring function at the particular problem area, massage therapy in most cases focuses on the whole being. When the two procedures are used together, they complement each other and the synergistic effect gives better results than when each technique is used individually.
Advantages of physio-style massage
The physio-style massage program is designed to fit the health needs of a specific client. Age of the client and health problem is taken into account. The advantages include:
- Incorporates therapeutic exercises
- May include education on overall care of your body
- Functional training
- Can focus on a specific area such as the pelvic floor.
- Aspects of massage are also used here. These include hand manipulation that helps to complement massage techniques.
When physiotherapy is used together with the right massage technique the results includes:
- Restored functions and mobility of the affected area
- Improved blood circulation
- Improved lymph drainage
- Reduced muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain
- Immunity boost
- Improved physical performance
- Improved mental status. This helps to reduce anxiety, depression and supports focus.
From the foregoing, physio-style massage will help to improve a specific problem and at the same time help to improve the overall wellbeing of the client.
Your body deserves the best in health, comfort and relaxation and we know you’ll be feeling renewed and restored after each session.