Therapeutic Yoga 1:1
WHAT IS THERAPEUTIC YOGA 1:1 ?
Yoga is an ancient form of exercise with a 5,000-year history in ancient Indian philosophy and focuses on strength, mobility, flexibility, breathing and meditation. The main components of yoga are postures (a series of movements) and breathing techniques.
We call it Therapeutic Yoga because is more than a normal Yoga session, is performed by a Physiotherapist. Every Yoga class follows a similar pattern and format despite everyone has different anatomy, level and needs that’s why 1:1 therapeutic Yoga is the key for those who are seeking fast flexibility improvement and injury prevention.
Do you need a Therapeutic Yoga 1:1?
Get an Appointment!
Book from our website 24/7.
Choose the Treatment & Therapist
Choose the Day and Time
Open from Monday to Saturdays and some Sundays
Come to your Appointment
You will get an email confirmation and SMS text reminder.
Mental Health Conditions
c) HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN?
- The strength, flexibility, mobility and mindfulness are the keys for injury prevention.
- Mental endurance and physical stamina are tested through holding postures for extended breaths.
- The strength is increased as you use your own body weight for resistance.
- The work of your muscles as latissimus, traps, and other back muscles creates a better support of your spine.
- Abdominals and obliques are refined and toned through building core muscles which helps to burn the fat quickly.
- Posture begins to correct itself over time, the extra flexibility creates more muscle balance and space in your body.
BELFAST PHYSIO AND MASSAGE
d) HOW DO WE ASSESS OUR PATIENTS?
Your therapist will chat through your medical history and any current or previous injuries (if you are a new patient). A flexibility test will be performed where your need will be discusses. The Yoga class will be a mixture of styles.
During the first session your teacher will hold a general yoga class, to subsequently adapt to your needs and in each class videos and photos will be made so you can continue training at home. A minimum of six sessions (once a week) will be recommended in order to increase your understanding of Yoga through your body knowledge. Lastly, certain Yoga stretches will be prescribed for you to do at home.