What is Infrared Light Therapy?
Infrared (IR) Light Therapy allows you to harness all the powerful benefits of the sun – without being exposed to UV light and without any side effects. IR is a natural, non-invasive, painless and is experienced by us as heat.
What Does Infrared Heat DO to Your Body?
IR light penetrates deep into your body (2-7 cm) all the way to the inner layers of your skin, to your muscles, nerves and bones. Infrared then boosts local blood circulation, which brings more healing nutrients and pain relieving components to the area, while promoting a detoxifying sweat.
Benefits of Infrared Light Therapy
- Improve blood circulation. The heat from infrared lamps manages to reach our blood vessels and dilate them, leading to better blood circulation.
- Relax muscles. The improved blood circulation helps relieve tension and relax muscles.
- Help oxygenate tissue. The infrared radiation of the lamp reaches deep into the skin, warming up tissues and blood vessels and contributing to better oxygenation.
- Pain relief. Infrared heating therapy can help relieve some of the pain caused by various muscle, bone or joint problems. This is a result of both the warming effects and improved blood circulation which relieve tension, allow muscles to relax and reduce joint stiffness, at the same time improving mobility.
- Faster healing. By improving blood circulation, the infrared radiation from the lamp allows for muscles to be well-nourished and repair themselves. The nutrients we absorb at the intestinal level are key elements for tissue repair.
- Reduce stress. Just as lying in the sun gives us a pleasant feeling of calm and serenity, so using an infrared lamp can relieve stress caused by various pains and aches and help us relax.
If you are looking to get rid of muscles knots with less pain then this is the right treatment for you!